Sunday, December 17, 2006

New Combos Commercial.

I saw a new Combos commercial while watching the Broncos' game. This teenager goes into his Mom's room, looking sick and kind-of sweaty. He says something like, "Mom. I think I've got a fever." His rather rotund Mom rolls over in bed and you find out that Mom is rather masculine looking. In fact it kinda looks like John Goodman win a wig and nighty.

(S)he feels her son's forehead and says, "You're probably just hungry. These will make you feel better. They've got pizza stuff inside." and gives the lad a bag of combos. He eats a few and goes back to bed.

Then the announcer says the slogan:

"Combos: What your mom would feed you if your mom was a man. "

Bwahahahahaha

I need to go buy some Combos. Any advertising guy that uses big, transvestite moms to sell pretzels with cheeze in them deserves a big raise! That's the best bit of marketing that I've seen since Quiznos used the sponge monkeys to sell sandwiches.

Now that I go out and look at Youtube, there are a bunch of these commercials. Search on "Combos Commercial" on Youtube.com and let me know what you think.

Love,

Pete

No comments: