Thursday, January 25, 2007

Farticus! FEEL MY POWER!!!

Kids are great.  I've got friends who have particularly strange kids.  My friend Kwan has two AWESOME kids.  This story is about his boy Ty.  Ty is in second grade. 
 
Ty came home this week and announced that he has a new nickname:  Farticus.  It is like Sparticus, but different.  He runs around and says, "I am Farticus!  Feel my POWER!" and then he farts. 
 
When he told his parents this, his mom hung her head in shame.  Kwan, on the other hand, did an okay  job of pretening not to think it was funny.  He really had to work at it though.  Kwan told him that this was a bad thing to do and that if he continued to do it, he would lose all his friends.  Ty's first response was to say that wasn't true. People flocked around him because they thought it was funny.  He then added that he didn't really care if he lost all his friends bechasue HE thought it was funny. 
 
What makes this story even funnier is that Kwan is now trying to teach his son to control his farts.  Kwan should probably change his name to Burpicus because he's completely incapable of controlling his own burps. 
 
I'm obviously on a similar intellectual level as Ty because I think it is funny and I can't wait till he comes over to my house and I can teach him some more naughty, but harmless stuff.  :D 
 
Pete

5 comments:

JTP said...

Just remember. Later in life when you are trying to start that daycare, this blog entry will come back to haunt you. The first rule of parenting. No matter how funny you think something that your child does was, you can [b]NEVER[/], [b]EVER[/b] let them know, or you will be sunk for the rest of your parenting days... ;-)

Your Name Here said...

Hahaha. You sure have that right. I guess that's why I'm still childless.

Drew said...

Hmmm. I wonder if my son goes to the same school as your kids. We've gotten the "I am Farticus " line as well.

Drew said...

Did I really say "your kids"? I meant "your friends' kid"! Duh.

Your Name Here said...

Hahaha. All kids are my kids... at least until I get them hopped up on sugar, give them a noisy and obnoxious toy (Tickle Me Elmo EXTREME is my new favorite) and hand them back to their parents. ;)

Love,

Pete