Tuesday, June 12, 2007

No baby birds were harmed in the preparation of this post.

Goooooooooooooooooooooood MORNING VIETNAM!!!!!!!!

Sorry. I've always wanted to saythat. :D

I was working on Squirrel Girl's bike last night and I thought a few things were worth mentioning in regards to this project.

  1. I hate tubeless tires. It wasn't hard getting the old ones off. Cleaning the Stan's sealant out of the tires isn't too bad. Building wheels on the Mavic 819 rims is freaking annoying though. I hate the little threaded nipple cups (sounds kinky, eh?). The wheels turned out awesome in the end. I think she'll like them. Setting the bead isn't bad at all with a compressor. (see baby bird comment below)
  2. I hate old Thomson stems. That wedge thing is stoopid. It is too easy to overtighten them.
  3. Titus makes a pretty damn nice bike!!!! I really like the suspension design and the way the pivots are built. I'm impressed. I'd consider an Asylum or RAcerx29er as a future bike.

The baby bird comment comes from the fact that a little bird nested just above my air compressor in the carport. I needed the compressor to set the bead on the tubeless tires. Had I turned the compressor on, the birds would have been seriously traumatized. Instead, I drove to the gas station and used their compressor.

I feel good about myself. :D

No the freaking little birds won't shut up! It drives the cats crazy.

Pete

2 comments:

sean said...

Good Karma points

gwadzilla said...

birds drive the cats crazy...
the cats drive the dogs crazy...
the...

okay
you finish

last W@W tonight!