Thursday, March 10, 2011

Tim Johnson's Ride on Washington: Thank You!!!

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your support and generosity in regards to Tim Johnson’s Ride on Washington this week. The ride was a great success on many levels. We met a lot of great people and spread the word that Bikes Belong, raised much more money than we expected and had a physically and mentally challenging ride between Boston and DC. None of that could have happened without your financial, physical and moral support. Friendships and contacts were made. The fires of bicycle advocacy were stoked and fanned leading into the National Bike Summit in Washington, DC.

On a personal level it was a good wake-up call that I need to put more focus on my advocacy work. That isn’t something that is easy or natural for me. I’m much better at letting my legs to the talking rather than my mouth. Spending a few days with the group doing the Ride on Washington really pushed me to get beyond that and not be complacent about my ability to live my life on 2 wheels rather than 4. It was a good kick in the pants.

Thank you again for your support. You made this trip possible and effective.

Best wishes,

Pete Beers


The dedicated 5-day riders



The dedicated 5-day riders + me. :D


No comments: