Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Looking for a deeper meaning.

As Jason will undoubtably tell me, bad things happen when I listen to Lucy. This is an example of that.

There are some songs that just have to have a deeper meaning. They can't be as simple as they appear. I'm imagining a whole cult following for a particular song... with thousands of members who laugh at the rest of us who rush to change the channel when this song comes on. Or even worse... they laugh, knowing that some of us listen to the song, almost enjoying it... but not understanding the deeply subversive meaning behind the seemingly harmless and inane lyrics.

Well I finally found the web site for this sinister cult.

I don't know who Nina and Pom are... I'm sure they're criminal masterminds waiting to unliesh their fieldish plan upon an unsuspecting world along with the 3 other fans that the band "Wheatus" has. I'm thinking of joining their group, just so I have a chance of surviving. I've already got the song loaded in my Ipod. I'm searching for the subliminal messages and subtle double entendres. I haven't found any yet, but I will.

And here is the song...

"Teenage Dirtbag" by Wheatus

Her name is Noel-
I have a dream about her.
She rings my bell-
I got gym class in half an hour.
And oh how she rocks-
In Keds and tube socks.
But she doesn't know who I am-
And she doesn't give a damn--about me.

*CHORUS* Cause I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby.
Yeah I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby.
Listen to Iron Maiden baby--with me
Ooohoo Hoo Hooooooo

Her boyfriend's a dick
He brings a gun to school
And he'd simply kick my ass if he knew the truth
He lives on my block
He drives an Iroc
he doesn't know who I am
And he doesn't give a damn about me.

*CHORUS* Oh yeah--dirtbag
No, she doesn't know what she's missing.
Oh yeah--dirtbag
No, she doesn't know what she's missing.

Man I feel like mold-
It's prom night and I am lonely.
Low and behold-
She's walking over to me.
This must be fake-
My lip starts to shake.
How does she know who I am?
And why does she give a damn about . . .

*interupting song she said:* "I've got tickets to Iron Maiden baby.
Come with me Friday- don't say maybe.
I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby-- like you . . .

Ooohoo Hoo Hooooooo" Oh yeah-dirtbag
No, she doesn't know what she's missing.
Oh yeah-dirtbag
No, she doesn't know what she's missing

No comments: