Thursday, January 19, 2006

If I were Osama bin Laden

Okay, I don't normally make political statements on my blog.  I rarely say anything intelligent at all.  This will be no exception.  Something struck me as funny tonight while I was listening to NPR while running. 
 
Bin Laden's taped message today called for the release of Islamic women in custody and in return there would be a cease fire.  President Bush replied that the US does not negotiate with terrorists. (On a side note, some of the women in question are being released anyways.  That apparently has nothing to do with bin Laden's message, but their sentence was up.) 
 
Back to my point...  If I were bin Laden, I'd make some better demands, knowing that President Bush would do the opposite to make sure it doesn't look like he's negotiating with Terrorists.
 
"Stay in Iraq or I'll unleash terrorist attacks all over the US!" 
 
It probably wouldn't work, but he'd get a few laughs. :D
 
Now you know why I don't talk politics on my blog.
 
Hugs and Kisses,
 
Pete

No comments: