Friday, September 08, 2006

The meaning of the word "done".

Oy oy.
 
This was one of my posts on ECE today.  My friend Jimmy was giving me grief because I used the word "Done" to describe a Corrado project that someone is doing.  "Done" is a swear word in the Corrado community.  Nothing is ever "done" with a corrado with very few exceptions.  Below is the post describing the incident.  It was kinda funny. 
 
*********************************************
Quote:
Originally Posted by sKunkman
OMG! You said DONE!

I'm such a hypocrit. In my own defense, the word "done" has many meanings in the Corrado world. I left out one of the others. As earlier stated, "done" can mean that you just sold your Corrado. It can also mean that you just totalled it by driving it into a tree. The less known meaning, and possibly the one that describes my Corrado best, pertains to a particular project. At the moment, the engine work on my Corrado is "done". By "done", I mean that I'm not working on it at the moment, and it is at least functioning within acceptable parameters, but that it might break at any moment sending me to a firey death and thus changing the definition of "done" to the second one I list above.

Thanks for keeping me real and reminding me what an ass I am. I need that pretty much every moment of the day.
************************************************
 
I thought you'd enjoy that.
 
Take it easy.
 
Pete

No comments: