Friday, September 29, 2006

Rice Rice Baby!!!


Oy oy.

I had another good ad for an AE86 show up today. My guess is that there's something fundamentally wrongwith this car that is making this guy sell it 3 weeks after he bought it. Since my plan would be to strip the whole dang thing down, I guess I'd probably find the problem and hopefully be able to fix it. :D

This is actually an SR5 that has been converted to a GT-S. They put a GT-S rear axle on it that has disc brakes and an LSD. They also put in a GT-S motor and gauge cluster. There are plenty of things about the add that make it suspicious. First, the title isn't in the name of the guy who is selling it. Also he lists that the gauge cluster is from a different car, but lists the mileage as what registers on the gauge cluster. Hmmmmm.

That said, I'm interested. Maybe not interested enough to actualy try and buy it. I'm interested enough to post it on my blog. :D

HERE's the listing.

Pete

No comments: