Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Here's the starting point of that Locost you've been wanting to build. :D

Okay... the price is a little more than what you'd normally buy for a donor car for a Locost build, but the car is a PERFECT candidate. 
 
HERE it is. 
 
I've been looking for the perfect example of a 318IS to use to possibly graft into the 2002 for a more updated engine that is able to make bigger power with lower emisions.  I can make the 2002 carburated motor put out plenty of horsepower.... as much as I'd ever really want in a light weight car like that.  But when you build big horsepower like that, the cam shaft has enough valve overlap that it spits a fair amount of raw fuel out.  That is super cool when you're power shifting through the gears and 3' flames shoot out, but not so cool if you think about the hydrocarbons that you're releasing into the atmosphere. 
 
Oh well.  This auction will not be won by me.  I thought I'd blog about it though.
 
Pete

2 comments:

fatbob29r said...

Pete,

Worried about you dood... where r u?

Your Name Here said...

Oy Bob...

I'm still around. I've been insanely busy lately and blogging here hasn't hit the top of the prio list in a while.

I've been blogging a little in the MORE forum.

I'll get back to this stuff soon.

Pete