Monday, October 03, 2005

Mid-Atlantic Mega Meet: The Benefit for Hurricane Victims

Greetings. 
 
As you read below, Saturday started out in a mellow, historical way.  It ended with a bit more excitement.  Mega Meet is put on each month by a group that supports the sport compact car community.  It does a bunch of things.  On one level it gives kids a place to hang out where they won't be chased off.  It gives them an alternative to street racing or loitering somewhere where they will be chased off.  More importantly it gives people a chance to see some amazing cars and meet people who enjoy wrenching, customizing and driving as much as the next guy.  There are reps from different manufacturers and tuners there as well as a boatload of unique and interesting cars.  Did I mention the girls?  Shame on me.  They have plenty of those too. ;)
 
It was a target-rich environment for a photographer that enjoys a lively car scene. 
 
I_MG_5045
 
There are highlights to every meet.  The Mega Meets tend to bring out some amazing cars that you don't often see around here.  Amongst the Nissan Skylines, Toyota Soarers, Hachi Roku and even an Ultima GTR there was a little, white Datsun 510 that got my eye.  Click on the photo above.  You'll scroll through and find the photos of my favorite cars. 
 
Thanks to Aya for her patience as I photographed her.  She looked beautiful while I'm sure she was getting really cold.  Thanks to all the sponsors and organizers of the Mega Meets.  I'll be out again next month.
 
Pete
 
 

No comments: