Saturday, November 12, 2005

God bless horsepower and boost!

Hey guys.
 
If you're pressed for time or not drunk enough to read one of my e-mails, jump down to the ********** near the bottom.  You'll get the whole story and you won't have to read a lot of bullshit.   
 
I had a few hours this morning to work on the Corrado.  My normal day with the Corrado (when I've only got a few hours to work) goes something like this:
 
1.  Start fixing some small thing that should only take an hour. 
2.  Find at least 3 more thing that need to be fixed.
3.  Spend one hour each on each of the three things, plus the original thing that I was working on.
4.  Go to start the car.  It won't start.
5.  Swear a lot.
6.  Spend 1 hour taking stuff apart to plug in the one harness that I forgot when the car was completely dismantled. 
7.  Find one more thing that needs fixing.  This usually takes only about 30 minutes to fix.
8.  Start the car. 
9.  Dance a happy dance because it started, but be a little dissappointed because though it is running better, it still isn't running as well as it should. 
 
In the end it took me 6 hours to do a 1 hour job. 
 
Today wasn't one of those days. 
 
I had 4 hours to work.  I knew the things I wanted to do would take 2 hours.  I started them anyways. 
 
I replaced the injector wiring harness that I've been waiting on for quite some time.  While I was in there, I put the 315CC injectors back in.  (I had a hunch that the stock injectors were not flowing right).  I put that all back together.  Car started on the first turn and revved stronger than I've imagined. 
 
Total time for repair:  1 hour 35 min.  WTF? 
 
Time to change the chip and replace the boost line that goes from the throttle body to the ECU.  I'd allotted an hour for this, though I thought it might take less.  There are some tight areas in there that I need to reach into. 
 
It took me less than an hour to do both. 
 
That leaves me some quality time to spend going for a test drive. 
 
Sweet mother of all things that burn rubber!!!!  The Corrado is running faster than it ever has.  The new chip is unbelievable.  The injectors are perfect for feeding the beast.  Gone is the *BLATT* of the exhaust.  It has been replaced with a really great sounding *ROARRRRRRRR* 
 
I've still got time left to work.  :D  I'm going to clean the air filter, wash it, sand and prime for a few, then call call it a day.  Hopefully I'll be able to drive it to Ara's house for the party tonight.
 
As usual.  I've successfully managed to write a freaking novel of an e-mail.  
 
Sorry to waste half your day reading it. 
 
********** The Corrado wasn't running great.  I fixed it.  It freaking hauls ass now. 
 
Pete
 

No comments: