Thursday, May 26, 2005

Days off are a good/bad thing.

Oy oy.

I'm slowly getting rid of my aches and pains from riding over the last few weeks. I took an easy week last week. I rode the road bike a few times and rode Fountainhead with Rick and Cory last Wed. The shoulder feels much better than it did last week. Taking it easy has been good for it.

I went out with Jay last night to get a ride in between rain storms. We hit Great Falls because their doubletrack is in good shape pretty much all the time. It also has plenty -o- climbing.

While the week off was great for my shoulder, taking that much time off when combined with getting minimal sleep from time at the hospital has KILLED my lungs. I felt like crapola last night. I had plenty of leg power, that wasn't a problem. I just had no lung at all.

I just need to get the kinks out. In the middle of the ride, I started feeling a bit better. I loosened up and had a few good climbs. After a while I found that I was tensing up in order to keep from twisting in a way that made my ribs hurt. Eventually I started cramping up as a result of trying to avoid the rib pain. I guess I need to approach that a little differently.

I did 45 minutes of yoga this morning and though that hurt, the ribs feel better today. Tomorrow night is another Great Falls/Riverbend ride. I'm going to try and get out early so I can get loosened up before others show up. Hopefully the rain will hold off a little.

In the immortal words of the Black Eyed Peas....

Lets get ignit. Lets get happy! Lets get stooopid! Lets get retarded! Lets get retarded in here!

Pete

No comments: