Friday, May 27, 2005

There's a thin line between "Antiques" and "Trash".

And Laura and I found it!!!

Last weekend we went to a few antique shops in Strasburg, Virginia. We also walked past a few that were really funny. The ones we went into were really great. Some had all the nicely finished stuff that costs thousands of dollars. Others had stuff that had great potential... stuff that with some hard work and a bit of craftsmanship, you could really come up with something nice.

The other "antique" shops we went to were just hillarious. There is one near "downtown" Strasburg that basically looked like someone emptied a trash dumpser in front of the place. It even smelled bad. There was crap there that wasn't worth putting a price tag on. I felt like asking the guy if the price on it is what he'd pay me to haul it away. I'm an asshole, but I'm not that much of an asshole. Well maybe I am. I'm posting this on my blog, aren't I?

Enough about that. Every time we go out on an antiquing trip, we wind up finding some great stuff that we'd love to give away as Christmas presents.

Here's Lisa's Christmas present:

Yes, you got that right. It is a leather sofa made out of bull's horns. Who wouldn't want one of these? We looked for a matching chair, but couldn't find one. It would look great with that wagon wheel chandalier we gave her last year.

There are always these people who are tough to buy for. My friend Wayne is one of those. It is hard to find a gift for the man that has everything. What do you buy for the man that wants nothing??? If he's a golfer, here's the answer!!!!


Your eyes do not deceive you. Those are a pair of golfers' legs (complete with ugly socks and golf shoes) that hold up a stool for sitting on. We've given Wayne stupid golf gifts for years. If we actually purchased it, this would be the second most obnoxious gift we'd ever given him (topped only by the Potty Putter we gave him 2 years ago).

The cool thing about this gift is how you'd look sitting on it. It would look remarkably like you had 75% of a golfer stuck up your ass. What person wouldn't LOVE getting something like that for Christmas???? Talk about the gift that keeps on giving.

Well I imagine I've done enough damage with this post.

Have a nice day, dammit!

Pete

PS: Lets get retarded, YEAH!!!

No comments: