Saturday, April 09, 2005

Blogger purgatory and a GREAT ride today.

Greetings readers. Sorry I've been away. I've been fighting with some weird stuff lately and haven't taken the time to write. I've got a week and a half of inane things to post up, but I'm going to give you a break and talk about riding. :D

Jason and I have been going through some similar stuff. Neither of us has been particularly social of late. That's okay with us because we can hang out, ride and be anti-social together. It works pretty well.

Today's anti-social ride was a big one. After getting sick on the last epic ride, Jason wanted to try and get one more in before we ship off to Colorado. That ride was today.

We rode Black Hills/Hoyles Mill and Schaeffer again. it was just the two of us. We had a blast. We just rode and rode and rode. The final mileage was just over 35 miles and we did it over an hour faster than last time. You just move quicker in a small group. We just didn't really stop much at all.

The fun part was the creek crossing. It was very high the first time through. I rode it and it was up to the top of my 29er tires. Jason was wise. He took his shoes off and hiked across. I had to ride the rest of the day in wet shoes. Oh well. I had fun.

Oddly enough on the way back, the creek level was over a foot lower. Weird!

We're both pretty tired, but enjoyed the ride a ton. I think we're ready for Fruita and Utah.

Talk to y'all later. I have some fun stuff to post up from the last week or two.

pete

No comments: