Friday, April 22, 2005

Chicken made into donuts... is there a more perfect food?

Until recently, I thought that A&W had the ultimate food product in their corn dog nuggets. Read on and find out that I may have been wrong...

We drove all day. I was stressed out from work enough that driving was therapeutic. I needed a lot of therapy.

White Castle: The other beige meat…. We stopped in St. Louis for White Castles. Brian helped us out with the location of the nearest one. We got 20 burgers and 4 fries and 2 drinks. I ate 1 order of fries and 14 burgers. I might have been able to eat more if I wasn’t sitting across from Jason. He makes me want to be healthy.

As a side note, Jason ate 6 White Castles on Thursday. He finally evacuated them some time Saturday morning. That can’t be healthy. ;)

They have a new product…. Chicken rings. Imagine chicken stamped into the shape of a donut. Donuts? Chicken? How can you go wrong with that combo?

We stopped again to catch a few hours of sleep right before the Colorado state line. The wind was so bad that we got horrible gas mileage. It was a fight to keep going. We finally stopped for another nap just before the Colorado boarder. We got almost 3 hours of sleep this time. The rest of the drive was cake.

The thing that was killer was the wind. We fought it the whole way. Driving at 80mph (in a 75mph zone) was a lot of work going into a 40mph headwind. My arms were tired by the time we got to Denver.

Just the thought of putting some distance between me and those chicken rings is plenty of motivation for me.

Pete

No comments: