Thursday, April 21, 2005

A rough start to what turned out to be a smooth drive...

As someone in a movie once said, “What a fucking nightmare!” Nothing went right when it came to getting going on this trip. Work was a pain, two stores didn’t have stuff I needed. The quick lube place weren’t open. I stirpped a skewer on the bike rack that we were taking to Utah and Colorado.

I finally got to Jasons and we got going a little before midnight. I drove till we got into Ohio. I needed a quick rest. I slept for 1:20 and awoke very relaxed and feeling great

Driving was definitely helping me exorcise some of the deamons of the last few weeks. My ribs were feeling okay and my mind was letting go a little. It is always hard to leave Laura at home. What made it harder this time is that it was my first time really leaving Gracie and Mao for more than a few days. Laura made it easier on me by saying that she needed a little extra time to study without feeling like she is neglecting me. I already miss the three of them.

More soon.

Pete

No comments: