Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Ahoy Dude!!!

Greetings inhabitants of the planet earth. 
 
As you read in this blog and many other places, I imagine, yesterday was "talk like a pirate day."  That was fine with me.  I truly had fun talking like a pirate all day and singing "What do you do with a drunken sailor" all day long.  I'm even recovering from the wounds (Arrrrgh) inflicted upon my person after I amorously referred to my wife as "me buxom beauty."  ;) 
 
Here's the hard part.   I can't stop myself from talking like a pirate.  It is adictive.  They don't tell you that on the cute little web site that I posted yesterday.  It is one of those crack dealer things that seems to crop up.  "The first day is free, but after that you're going to have to pay a heavy price for talking like a pirate." 
 
My normal dialect is a rather eclectic pseudo granola/hippy/surfer/geek talk.  It is now appearing that I need to add "pirate" into that description. 
 
Just don't be too suprised when I see you next and say, "Ahoy dude."
 
Pete

No comments: