Saturday, March 04, 2006

Meet Mr. Niner

Okay, this is freakish.  Not just a little freakish, REALLY freakish. 

 

I’m taking my new bike out on a shake down ride at Accotink.  It isn’t shifting well.  The housing loop by the rear derailleur is too short.  I hate that about Shitmano stuff.  I like SRAM’s approach much better.  (Dammit I’m already off topic). 

 

Anyways I’m riding along and I see a guy up in front of me.  I accelerate a little to catch up and be semi-social.  This bike really accelerates too.  It has a real lively feel to it.  I’m still getting used to the suspension forks though.  (There I go again.) ;)  I introduce myself and learn that his name is Jeff. 

 

Anyways… I start chatting with Jeff and he asks about the bike and the handlebars.  I comment that it is new and this is really the first ride I’ve done on it.  We finally stop for a breather because I’m about fed up with the shifting and contemplating turning back to fix the damn thing.  (Don’t worry, I’m getting back on topic).  Jeff gets a really good look at my bike and says he REALLY likes it.  He’s going to have to get one for himself.  I’m a little weirded out by this.  I asked him if he’s ever seen a Niner before (Niner is the company that makes the frame I bought.)  He said he hadn’t, but that his last name is Niner. 

 

I thought that was pretty cool.  My first ride on the Niner and I met Jeff Niner on the same ride. 

 

I guess my life is now complete.  I can die a happy man. 

 

Have a nice day.

 

Pete

 

1 comment:

Your Name Here said...

I'll post up photos in a few minutes. :D

Pete