Friday, March 10, 2006

Quote for the day...

I'm going to recycle one from one of my favorite car commercials....
 
Automotive Engineer: "Actually, that color is called Desert Sand Micah."
Kid standing next to him: "Whatever. Just crash it!!!"
 
Have a nice day.
 
Pete
 
PS:  Awesome ride at Wakefield last night.  My buddy David came down from the great white north (aka Maryland) to ride.  We did a nice pre-ride at Accotink with some faster guys.  That was perfect for me.  I felt a little bad that we were slowing them down a bit.  That's what I've got to do in order to ride faster though.  Hopefully before long they'll stop being nice and dump me earlier in the ride.  ;)  For the main ride I hung with Larry's group.  That worked out well since all of them were not feeling their best.  That made it possible for me to hang on and not suck too badly.  Yesterday ended up being pretty long.  I did 22 pretty fast miles when it all came down to it.  I dropped on a few of the climbs, but that's what I do.  Other than that I managed to not embarass myself too badly.  The bike was flawless. 
 
Running today followed by a rest day tomorrow.  I'll be riding with Grumpy J and the gang at Gambrill on Sunday.  :D
 
Take care.

No comments: