Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Help a brudda out --- for purely selfish reasons...

Greetings residents of earth.

A good friend was expressing his discomfort with riding a really expensive bike for the reason that he might crash it and ruin it or it might get stolen. He had visions of getting bonked on the head and the bike being yanked from beneath his comatose body.

That got me thinking. (always a dangerous prospect)

I really need to work hard to protect my friends from danger. On the surface, this might sound like I'm being a good friend. I really do value the people I ride with more than what I could sell them for if a Pirate ship docked in Oldee Townee Alexandria. I need people to ride with in the snow. It helps having a road trip partner to drive when I get tired. If I need to mooch a bike off them or get them to come over to my house to pick up something heavy that would hurt my back.

With that in mind, I'm going to work hard to protect my friends from danger... at least the ones that have nice bikes... we'll maybe not if they're bikes that would fit me. ;)

XOXO

Pete

No comments: