Thursday, March 24, 2005

Two rides and a hike...

Night rides lately have been spectacular. Last thursday and this tuesday were particularly impressive. The new trails at Wakefield are great and with the weather cooperating, the turnout has been big.

Tuesday I was in the worst mood. Work had been awful that day and I really didn't want to talk to anyone. I was late and about 50 people called me about the ride. Traffic sucked and I was late. Everyone waited for me to start the ride even though I'd asked them to head out. I forgot Gary's cleats which made me feel like a clod. I know how excited he was to ride. I was psyched to see him out. I just shut up to keep from snapping at someone. Scud sold me some socks and that made me happier.

Once I got on the bike, everything was hunky dory. I just pedaled and didn't think too much. My legs were pretty tired after Saturday's death march. It took me an hour to warm up. I finally got it in gear and had fun with the small group that was with me.

Fountainhead night rides are on the menu for the spring. One of the trails that isn't normally open to bikes is going to be legal to ride. Since it rained, I decided to go for a trail run in order to photograph and map it. I had fun. The trails are fantastic. I went out on the blue trail which is not going to be open to bikes ever. It was a fun run/hike. By this time I was pretty tired since I had a full camelback and my camera rig with me. It was definitely worth the trip. Laura and I might go back and hike the blue trail on Sunday as our outing.

I got Jay to lead a ride at Lodi April 9th. That should be a fun one.

Take care.

Pete

1 comment:

Your Name Here said...

You're welcome. I enjoy all of this or I wouldn't do it. I've had a lot conspiring against my good moods lately and so far the good moods are winning out. It helps having good friends and good people to ride with.

You folks are my inspiration.

Pete