Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Small miracles...

Okay. I just didn't have the heart to add to the length of that last post. I'm a mean SOB, but I'm not that mean.

Today I'm celebrating a weekaversary. My plan to change my eating habbits a little bit to support my cycling and haul less chunk up the climbs is paying off. Since starting this change 2 weeks ago, I've lost 6 pounds and I've spent one whole week under 220 pounds for the first time in many years. I'm down from a personal high of 235 last fall.

I'll ride better in Fruita if I'm hauling less up the hills. Who knows, I may shrink out of my new self-imposed nickname... Chunky Monkey. ;)

Thanks to all that make me chase them up the hills. You're an inspiration. You know who you are. :D

Pete aka Chunky Monkey

2 comments:

joe said...

gotta love it when the numbers on the scale start going down... it took 2 or 3 weigh-ins in a row under 200 before i really belived it was happening...

Your Name Here said...

Thanks Joe. This hasn't really been a goal for very long. It has been a side effect of riding more and harder. We'll see where it goes.

Pete