Monday, March 07, 2005

The new ride....

I gave you a glimps of the bike last week. I got out on it twice this weekend. OH MY FREAKING DOG that bike is sweet. The 29" wheels just roll over stuff. Things that I should have felt just roll by with barely a bump.

I didn't fare so well on the second ride. I was feeling a bit dogged and never really warmed up. An installation problem with my cranks sent me to the car for a wrench that wasn't there. I was seriously bummed. We stopped by Jason's place, tightenened the crankarms and headed for Great Falls and Riverbend to ride some hills.

All that was wrong with the morning was right by afternoon. We had a great time flying up and down the hills. Jason pushed me hard and it was all I could do to hang with him... even though he was alongside me. Someone can definitely push you when they're on your wheel. You know they're there and you just want to ride hard with them. It isn't a competitive thing for me... at least not competing with anyone but myself. It surely was an amazing day on the trails.

Possibly the biggest highlight was Julian joining in with us. He's been off for a while since he went back to school. It'll take him a ride or two to get his rhythm back, but he will.

I'm stuck in a meeting today. I wish I was at fountainhead going for a ride. I'll post photos later tonight.

Hugs and Kisses,

PEte

2 comments:

Tom said...

Big wheels kinda nice, eh?
I saw the post on MTBR. I think the small wheels are why Joe took the swim. You grow an inch in the past 2 weeks?

Tommy

Your Name Here said...

Nah... I'm not growing much. I just have fat fingers and nerve damage that kills me on 4s and 5s. It also makes me capitolize the second letter in my name half the time. I try to aim correclty, but it just doesn't work out that way all the time. I stopped worrying about it when I write informally.

The 29er is spectacular!!!! I can't believe I waited this long. I'm actually thinking of leaving the suspension bike home when we go to Colorado in April. I'll probably bring it for the big hit rides.

Talk to you soon.

PEte