Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I thought they only did this stuff in France...

No offense inteded to my good friend SuperFrenchie, but I've had a chip on my shoulder about road cycling for the last 15 years.  I was an avid road cyclist for YEARS.  When I lived in Colorado, I loved riding the road bike so much that I rarely hit the trails in the area.  Quite honestly, the road riding is so amazing out there that I'd find myself tempted by the roads out there even today. 
 
I won't go into my whole chip on the shoulder thing about riding the road bike in Virginia.  I will say this...  I've had two really awesome road rides in the last 2 days and I'm feeling pretty damn good about riding the skinny-tired thing.  Though I'll still make fun of anyone who rides on skinny tires (myself included), I'll do so with a bit more sarcasm. :)
 
I'm now psyched to build a bad weather commuting bike for the days that I don't want to take my road bike out.  That is where my old Karate Monkey is going. :) I still need to invest in a few parts for it, but it'll get there pretty soon. 
 
Happy Trails.
 
PEte
 

No comments: