Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I am the sexiest man in the world. ;)

This morning was the morning from hell.  I didn't ride my bike in.  I had a 6am conference call with developers in India, followed by an 8am conference call with developers and content managers in Germany, followed by a demo meeting at 10:30 with people in Boston. 
 
I'll bet you're wondering how that matches up with the subject of this post???   Don't worry, I'm getting there.
 
I had just enough time between conference calls to run down to the Italian bakery to get a Tortino and coffee.  In his haste to return to the office and dial into Germany, Dr. Einstein spilled a little coffee down his front.  That always looks good. 
 
Well 30 seconds after that smooth move, I'm getting in the elevator.  I work on a secure floor, so I take a "special" elevator that requires a key pass to get in and run.  Just as the door is closing, a really beautiful chick heads for the door.  I've seen her before.  She works on a different floor.  I hold the door for her (because I'm a suave and sophisticated guy).  She swipes her pass key and punches the button for her floor. 
 
She knows I'm a goofball.  She's seen me interacting with my co-workers.  Her first words to me are, "You look like you had a little accident."  That's when the naturally suave and sophisticated man of the world in me comes out.   I'm a ladies man.  I'm all about impressing women with my whit and intellect.  My response bears that out perfectly: 

"When you gotta go, you gotta go!" 
 
She crinkled her nose, said "EWWWWWWWWWWwwww" and then laughed out loud.   She exited the elevator as soon as humanly possible. :D 
 
I am truly the most desirable man in the world (in my own mind at least). ;) 
 
Hugs and Kisses,
 
Pete

2 comments:

fatbob29r said...

LMAO,

Pete, you da man! Such a lady killer. Good thing I wasn't in the elevator with you, or I would have spit my coffee on you laughing!

Hey, how'd you score the SAP gig anyway? I knew you from the bike shop days...

Your Name Here said...

My background has always been in computers. I did the bike stuff because I loved it. When I exited the bike industry, I went back to computer stuff. I started working with a small company that wrote a contract writing system for government agencies. That company grew in stature, if not size and eventually we were acquired a few times... most recently by SAP.

Oddly enough I've worked with many people in my group for almost 15 years. That is about 5 lifetimes in the computer industry. We honestly love working and playing together. It is a weird and fun group.

Back on topic... I've run into that same woman twice since the "gotta go" incident. Both times she has busted out laughing and told me, "I can't believe you said that." I guess I leave a lasting impression.

I did resist temptation on Monday. I'm a big fan of the movie Harold and Kumar go to White Castle. There's a scene at the end where Harold gets on the elevator with his dream girl, someone he's always been too shy to talk to. He's never said a word to her. She's got two suitcases with her and is obviously heading to the airport. Harold takes his newfound confidence (acquired in the previous 90 minutes of the movie) and says the first words to the woman of his dreams....

"You've sure got a lot of baggage."

Now back to Monday...

I'm heading home for the day. I'm riding down in the elevator and it stops on the 4th floor to pick someone up. This Asian woman gets on with two suitcases. I manage to keep myself from giggling and somehow manage to stop myself form saying "You sure have a lot of baggage."

Okay.. enough babbling. I need to get to a team meeting. Something tells me that I'm supposed to be talking at this meeting. Better check that before going in. :D

Later bob!

Pete