Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Lets Talk about my SHORTS!!!

Bwahahahahaha.  This post isn't what you're thinking.
 
I asked a while back about different shorts since mine seem to all be wearing out.  I didn't have as much budget as I thought, so I thought I'd go for the cheapest shorts of good quality that I could find.  Since I had about $60 worth of Team Performance points, I had to cash in.
 
I've had good luck with two shorts that Performance makes:  Their Elite bib shorts and the Ultra bib shorts.  They're clearing out the 2005 shorts, so I figured it was time for me to clear out their stock. :D
 
I got two sets of Ultra Bib shorts and two sets of Elite bib shorts for under $100.  At retail price, that would have cost me $320. 
 
If you're going to Performance to find these deals, read the small print on the sales tags.  You're looking for the shorts that are marked "05" instead of "06". 
 
Make sure that you try the shorts on too.  They fit differently.  The Elite shorts use a 6-way stretch lycra (like many of the higher end shorts).  The Ultra shorts use stuff that is meant to be more supportive of your muscles.  That means it doesn't stretch as much.  As a result, I wear a Large in the Elite, but I'm between an XL and XXL in the Ultras.  They're cut the same and appear to use the same 8-panel pattern.  It is just a difference in the stretchiness of the shorts. 
 
Happy shopping.  I think I'm set for a while. :D  I still lust after castelli shorts.  I'll get some later in the summer.
 
Pete

No comments: