Monday, February 07, 2005

1000 ex girlfriends reaching out to touch me...

I'm a curious geek. I want to know who's been looking at my web site and where they came from. Luckily my provider gives me lots of that information. I was looking through statistics today and found some interesting information. My number of original hits had been pretty steady over the last year... at least on my Frank Lloyd Wright site. Original hits are ones that come to my main page by either typing in the link into the address line, or from a search engine. When it is from a search engine, I get info on which engine and what they typed in to arrive at my site.

In December, my original hits doubled. In January they doubled again. I got over 4400 original hits in January. Oddly enough, a little over 1000 of them searched on my name to get to my site. Getting a few hundred per month isn't unusual since I post on the Frank Lloyd Wright boards with my own name. They get to the site by searching on it and it takes them to me. I'm just curious as to why that number has increased by 5 times in as many weeks.

My first thought was that all my ex girlfriends were hunting me down. Then I remembered that I don't have more of those than I can count on my fingers and toes.... and only one of them is psycho enough to type my name into google 1000 times per month. (I attract winners, eh? Makes you wonder how I got lucky finding my wife.)

Jason's idea was that all the people who got my name from truck stop bathroom stalls finally looked me up. I'm not sure about that either. Most of them call my cell phone.

I guess I'll find out soon enough. Surges in original hits are always followed two weeks later by a surge in fan/hate mail from the web site. I'll let you know how that goes.

Till then, please ponder the immortal words, "The wage of sin is death, but after taxes its just kind of a tired feeling."

Have a nice day.

Pete

No comments: