Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Nice guys finish last....

I've been itching to get the new forks for my SS. Having worked in a bike shop, I HATED it when people would call every day to see if their parts had arrived. For that reason, I tend to not follow up with places to see if things come in. I either see it arrive or wait for them to call me.

That bit me in the ass this week. The guy that "ordered" the forks never did. I finally got tired of waiting and called. "We have one right over there on the wall, but I don't see your order for one." I explained the situation and the shop made everything all better. Had I called last week, I'd be riding the bike now. Oh well.

A comment on shops... I love doing business with a few of the local shops. I tend to buy bigger stuff from a friend who's got a shop in Pennsylvania. Speedgoat is my favorite place to shop. I know I should buy local more, but these are friends. They take care of me. I do spend money in local shops. I probably should more. They do lots of good things locally.

My new Surly fork is on its way. It should be here tomorrow. I'll try and have the bike built up tomorrow night. It would be fun to ride it Thursday if that is possible. It'll be nice to be riding disc brakes again, even if it is my old Hayes brake. It still works.

This has been a rough week. I've had a lot of good going on, but a bit of tough stuff too. I'll be glad when it's over. J and I are thinking of going to Joisey on Monday in search of bikeage. We'll see how that goes.

Later!

Pete

No comments: