Monday, February 07, 2005

Bring on the obscenety!!!!

Just kidding. I get plenty of obscenety in my daily life. I will put in a tongue in cheek rant about the superbowl commercials. I thought it was funny as hell, and a good indication of how uptight Americans are in general that after the broadcasting the GoDaddy.com commercial that featured a rather busty woman having a "wardrobe malfunction" in front of a commercial oversite committee, Fox Television received a phone call from the NFL asking them not to air the second of the GoDaddy.com spots that were scheduled for the third quarter. What Fox did instead was show exteded shots of the almost naked cheerleaders, thus giving us plenty of boobs to look at, while removing any creative and whitty humor. What a freaking bunch of putzes. I went in and voted for the GoDaddy.com commercial an extra 50 or 60 times as my favorite, even though I liked the career builder.com commercials with the guy working in an office of chimpanzees. The Fedex Kinkos commercial was pretty good too. Anyone who kicks Bert Reynolds in the crotch deserves my hard earned cash.

RANT OFF!

Great ride yesterday. The snow made for a fun and challenging first lap and a pretty dang tough second lap at Greenbrier. 4 of us made the first lap, 9 joined me for the second lap. SUCKERS!!!! ;) There was a fair amount of hiking on the first lap and a ton on the second lap. Most uphills were pretty darn tough. I'm feeling it today though. I ran this morning and my legs felt like lead.

The Mutanoraptor 2.4" tires were PERFECT in the snow again. I need to definitely get a spare set. While others with lesser tires were spinning away, I was able to stomp ahead a bit -- that is before my lungs gave out and I was left gasping for air on the side of the trail.

I felt for Jason though. He's really intent on doing some good, hard rides. This snow stuff just isn't for him. When the snow conditions are good, he's happy and rides great. When it gets soupy and nasty, he still rides great, but it just wears on his patience and he just gets frustrated. I know where he's coming from. Something inside me is definitely bent that I really enjoy that shiznit. He'd chop my leg off and beat me to death with it if I said "this reminds me of home" one more time in his presence. So I won't bother. :) (Did I mention that those conditions remind me of home???)

We're contemplating rides for next week. We'll see what Elizabeth Furnace is like. It should be fun going and playing in the big rocks. If it is too wet, we'll go hit Greenbrier again. The snow should be gone, or at least limited to small icy patches by then.

Hope y'all had a great weekend. Laura and I sure did. We made a trip Saturday to the Londontown Archeological excavation and historical park. Their winter garden was beautiful. We'll go back there in the spring when the house is open and everything. You can read more about that on my web site.

Here are the photos of the Greenbrier Ride. Here are photos of Londontown, Maryland.

Take it easy,

Peter

3 comments:

joe said...

you really can't go wrong with chimps when you're making a commercial...

Your Name Here said...

You got that right. Now that they have Lancelot Link: Private Chimp reruns on DVD, my entertainment needs have been taken care of for the forseeable future. I just need to mix in a few of those commercials and I'm set.

I'm slowly turning into Homer Simpson. Scary thought, eh? It is to my wife.

Pete

Your Name Here said...

Merriam Webster defines "Rickety" as one affected with the rickets, lacking stability or firmness or in unsound physical condition.

Using that definition, I'd say the ride was definitley not rickety. I think we were more rock solid, physically sound (though somewhat mentally deficient -- at least in the case of the ride leader), and 100% rickets free. I might recommend some citrus fruit for a few members of the group because there might be a bit of the old scurvey going around -- that wasn't, however, directly witnessed on this ride.

Merriam and I thank you for your post. We're gonna go off and snog now.

Have a nice day.

Pete