Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Gotta black magic woman....

Well Speedgoat came through BIGTIME with the forks. Many thanks to them for going out of their way to fix the order that they lost. Dang I enjoy building bikes. I wish I could do it for a living and actually make a real living.



FORK YOU! -- or rather FORK ME! Its a Surly Instigator that I got from Speedgoat. Not too light, but certainly strong.

The build was a piece of cake. I took a few things off of my old bike. I put an XTR rear brake on that I'd had laying around. The bars and one brake lever came off my old SS. The stem was one I had laying around. I already talked about where the front wheel came from. The rear wheel is the one I've been riding for a while. The seatpost and seat are old.


Here's what it looks like. The kittens seem to approve.



Gracie seems to approve of the disc brakes.

The first test ride was fun. I just went and rode around the neighborhood. I needed to try out some of the positioning. Since I've been riding a lot more technical stuff, I thought I'd try a little more upright positioning. I moved the bars up about 1/2". Trials riding seems to be a bit easier. We'll see what its like on the snow ride tomorrow.
Happy Trails.
Pete





1 comment:

Your Name Here said...

Thanks Bob.

I hadn't put them on at the time of the photo shoot. There was originally a possibility that I was going to loan that bike to a friend for a few days. I thought it would be unusually horrible to loan him the Jinglespeed... especially since I was trying to be nice. In the end, I decided that I'm rarly nice to my friends, so it really doesn't matter. I put the bells on anyways.

My bike was talking to me last night. It kept saying the same thing over and over. "Ditch work. Come play with me! Ditch work! Come play with me!".

Maybe getting a VooDoo bike wasn't such a good idea after all. It asked for its first its first live sacrifice this morning. Where the heck am I going to find a live chicken at this time of the morning?

The bike seems to like the kittens, so I think they're safe. I honestly think that the bike is what made it snow today. Its kinda cool to own a bike that controls the weather.

Pete